Thursday, December 22, 2011

Taco Soup Recipe

So, I made Taco soup last night and It was so amazing and easy I had to share. Normally, I don't like tacos but this was great.

3 cans of Kidney Beans
2 cans of pinto beans
1 1/2 lb of ground beef
2 cans of corn
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 packet of ranch seasoning (that little ranch mix packet)
2 packets of taco seasoning
tomato juice (probably about a cup)

I browned the ground beef. Then, I combined all the ingredients (except the tomato juice) in a big stock pot on the stove. I let it simmer for about an hour. It was a little thick so I added about a cup of tomato juice. I, then, let it cool down and put it in the fridge over night. This wasn't necessary but I know if you let a soup meld for awhile it will taste better. I, then, heated it back up the next evening for dinner.

You can also do this in a crock pot and really I was planning on it, except that I only have a really large crock pot or a really small one and neither were the size I needed.

So, when serving I sprinkled on shredded cheese (we used a Mexican blend) and crushed tortilla chips. The only thing that would have made it better was if I would have had sour cream, but we were out.

Tim really liked and and has informed me that I must, now, make this all the time for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment